Saturday, April 3, 2021

I like it cuz U like it! 😃

 

I think sometimes it's easy to become infatuated with images made using a new lens, taken from a novel perspective, captured on an unusual film stock, that kind of thing. Maybe these images won't stand the test of time all that well, but we sure get amped about them in the moment. I was taking a new lens for a test drive the other day -- the Pentax 15mm f/4. I had it mounted on the KP digital camera. Now, 15mm is a wide field of view, even on a crop sensor camera. I was having a good time walking around and filling the frame with the tree canopy in different configurations. I was also shooting at f/22 to get a nice sunstar, not something that is normally part of my aesthetic. But, hey, it's Spring. I offered up the image to my wife for consideration, and she said, "I like it because you like it". Fair enough, and the thing is, I still kinda like it. I'm hoping it grows on her a little bit over time.