Friday, April 16, 2021

Reminiscing about travel...


Yesterday, I wrote about the pleasures of shooting local, which, predictably, got me reminiscing about recent trips abroad. A couple of years ago, I visited Bologna for a conference. It is a city I knew little about, but that I grew very fond of during my visit. I would go back in a heart beat! I think my wife felt similarly. Anyway, I was able to tuck both digital and film cameras into my carry-on bag, and got nice results using both. The digital camera I was using at the time was a Sony and the lens I enjoyed using on it was a Zeiss 35mm f/2.8. The lens was not perfect, but more than good enough, let's put it that way. And I didn't mind shooting the Sony at high ISOs either, so the aperture was not much of a limitation, even inside a church. With the passage of time, I see that the Sony sensor produced lovely results that hold up well. I did not love the user experience though, enough said about that. 

I hope you have a pleasant shooting experience this weekend.