Friday, October 6, 2023

John Is Bored At Work


On LingQ (language learning app) the other day, I encountered the sentence "John is bored at work" in Japanese. What a funny example! Yet again, I reflected on how many people spend a significant fraction of their work day dreaming about a better job, and probably learning a second language... Anyhoo, there was a time about 20 years ago when my workaday fantasies revolved around food blogging as a possible alternative. You see, I was a devoted foodie with the pear-shaped physique and elevated insulin levels to prove it. My plan was to start by documenting as I went about preparing meals. What I discovered is that my cooking got worse and my cameras and lenses got covered in a layer of grease. No thanks.

Take heart, it is almost the weekend, fellow traveler...