Thursday, October 19, 2023

Speaking Of Which


Three years ago exactly, I decided to post images and words to a blog every day. Yes, I realize that I missed the blogging trend by about a decade. Story of my life, if I'm honest, and in that sense, a very fitting thing for me to do. It doesn't matter that much in any case, cuz, like, I'm in search of neither money nor fame. 

My goals were pretty basic: keep in touch with a handful of family and friends scattered around the world without having to rely on social media, which I kind of hate; and get into the habit of writing down my thoughts about photos. Nothing profound. Just simple stuff, really, stuff I wish someone else was writing, but they weren't. 

Mission accomplished, then. In the meantime, the world has opened up again, I can mostly keep in touch face-to-face. And I've established a writing habit, which I can continue in a private journal. 

Perhaps I am like a dog, marking the fire hydrant and moving on. I'll leave my little project for other dogs to find and know that I passed by before.  

Anyway, I'm off to Japan next week, so sayonara, y'all!