Monday, November 14, 2022

What You Give Up When You Drive an SUV


During the early days of the pandemic, I purchased a used camera with a micro-four thirds format sensor because of its ability to automatically stitch together 80 megapixel photographs from four 20 MP images taken in rapid succession. I do a lot of work that involves photographing subjects on a copy stand, and a high resolution file can come in very handy sometimes. It is a pretty convenient way to digitize medium format film negatives as well. Anyway, I found that I really enjoyed using the little camera off the copy stand, too, and have been checking out some additional lenses for it. Recently, I discovered a compact 35-100 mm f/4-5.6 lens for $100 that seems to be a bit under appreciated, probably due to the variable aperture. The fact of the matter is, it produces fine images in good light. And, when I saw the image above, I really appreciated the old school bokeh. The little lens is an extremely compact telephoto zoom that would be perfect for travel...