Saturday, November 12, 2022

Bologna In Color


The internet provides plenty of opportunities to fritter away one's precious time here on Planet Earth, but every once in a while, if you are just a little bit lucky, you can also find some useful, dare I say even productive, ideas. A few years ago, I came across a blog post from Julieanne Kost (www.jkost.net), from Adobe, about a series of abstract images she created to explore the color of a specific place. She described her process in detail, so I decided to give it a go using a series of images from a trip to Bologna. While it was an interesting exercise, it ultimately wasn't my cup of kombucha. But the idea of abstracting from a series of images and then recombining the fragments in unique ways is something I continue to pursue to this day.