Sunday, November 6, 2022

Primroses To Mark 750 Blog Posts


Today marks the 750th post of this silly little blog. With but a handful of readers on even the best of days, I've thought often about shutting the whole thing down. What's the point really with fame and monetization completely off the table?! But with family and friends scattered around the country and the globe, I've discovered that writing an obscure daily blog post is a worthwhile exercise, without many of the downsides of dealing with social media. Good old fashioned Web 1.0. Putting together a daily post is a fine way to center my thoughts in the morning as the coffee kicks in, with the added benefit of creating something that lets folks I care about know what's up with moi. Plus, there's also the off off chance of connecting with a random human being or two somewhere in the world every once in a blue moon. Which reminds me of the children's concerts I used to play every season before the pandemic shut them down. I'd look up at the thousands of middle school children in the audience and hope that maybe one of them would be inspired to listen to a little classical music from time to time later in life, or perhaps even to start taking lessons on an instrument.