Friday, September 30, 2022

Time Travel


On a trip to Austin, TX way back in 2009, I remember taking along my brand new Panasonic LX-3 digicam. I really enjoyed having a small, yet powerful camera always with me to make photographs of whatever happened to strike my fancy as I went about my day. Like this construction project near the UT campus. Of course, I wasn't smart enough (still not) to realize that soon enough my EDC camera would be one small part of a computer that lives in my pocket. It is gratifying to realize that most of the old photographs I made using early digital equipment still hold up pretty well today. This file looks just fine thank you very much on my new 5K monitor. Except for the blown out highlights... but, naturally, that's just part of the digicam aesthetic, you know? I still have that old LX-3 laying around the studio and enjoy taking it out every once in a while. It still works, but I did have to gaff the flash in the down position.

Good light to you this weekend, fellow traveler. Grab the nearest digicam and fire off a card full of photographs. It'll be fun!