Wednesday, December 29, 2021

Raindrops on Roses


My Intro to Photography course at University was a real dog, if I am honest, like many such courses across disciplines. Nobody wants to teach them. As it turns out, though, all the important lessons were learned in and around the school's community darkroom. I remember one of the resident darkroom soldiers opining that every photographer should shoot with as many different cameras as possible, from a subminiature Minox to a massive 8x10. It sure sounded cool, and I was totally game to try, but I could barely afford the care and feeding of my beat up old Canon AE-1 and the 50mm f/1.4, my only lens. Fast forward to the early days of the digital era, and it was easy to justify trying out a wide range of tools as the tech was evolving so quickly. On my journey, I spent some quality time with the Fujifilm cameras and I particularly enjoyed walking around with the 18-55mm kit lens.

Tasting notes: Fujifilm X-T2, 18-55mm lens.