Monday, December 27, 2021

A Fish Tale


Last night I prepared some King Salmon for dinner. As I cut open the vacuum sealed bag containing the pair of filets, I noticed that they were as fresh as any salmon I have ever cooked before. So I chose to season them simply, using just salt and pepper, and I cooked them as gently as possible, preferring to enjoy the fish more or less on its own terms. So it goes sometimes with photographs, I find. Some are best served raw while others demand a serious braise. This image is a direct recording of the lens image onto a digital sensor. No post-production: an oyster on the half shell. The trees in silhouette fell naturally to black and the clouds were rendered just as white as they appeared in the late afternoon light. The splashes of blue were just how the sky looked that day, too. 

Tasting notes: Fujifilm X30, Classic Chrome film simulation.