Sunday, August 13, 2023

Last Days Of A Certain Kind Of Gear Talk


About two years ago, I made a pretty systematic and concerted effort to quit wasting so much time on the internet, by avoiding as much of the technical yada yada pertaining to photography as possible. I haven't looked back or missed any of it, to be honest. I still use the interwebs, of course, but for other things. The technical side of photography appears to be essentially a solved problem at this point -- to me at any rate. I've enjoyed spending more time actually making art. Of course, I'm still interested in the performance of my cameras and lenses, and I still hone my skills and futz around like a good nerd. The diptych above is comprised of a digital image from a micro four thirds camera and a film image from the Rolleiflex SL66.