Friday, October 21, 2022

Gold Rush


At some point in your photography journey, you may start to feel that the medium really resonates as a means of expressing your thoughts, ideas, and feelings. And once that happens, you will probably start approaching the craft a little differently than you did before, a little more intently, perhaps. For me, I started noticing the connections between what I saw in abstract paintings and the things I saw around me in the built environment. Signage, urban decay, material juxtapositions, texture, that sort of thing. And, as it turns out, I am pretty sure I wasn't the only one who felt this way. Indeed, these sorts of 'urban abstracts' are pretty common these days, even turning up with increasing frequency as stock photos. And, I guess that is a genuine indication that what was at one time a rich vein of visual ideas has been pretty thoroughly mined. Be that as it may, I still think I got some interesting results.

Hope you strike gold this weekend, fellow traveller.