Monday, October 10, 2022

Android Dreams...


Like many, I still to this day remember watching my first darkroom print, a photograph of my pet iguana, slowly emerging out of nothingness, but I also still remember seeing my first digital images appear on my computer screen in full color as if by magic. And we knew nothing about the capabilities of these little digital machines as we snapped away. I soon learned how slow the autofocus could be and discovered the joys of chroma noise. Fast forward twenty years, and it would seem as if old digicams from the turn of the century are having a bit of a moment. I suppose it makes sense that folks in their twenties feel a certain nostalgia for digicam images in the same way that those of us born in the 20th century romanticize film images. 

Tasting notes: Canon G2.