Saturday, October 15, 2022

But Mine


As a younger person, I would never have ventured anywhere near 'the barn' or any other well known photographic or tourist landmarks. It seems I had a real aversion to such places back in the day. As I've gotten older, though, I find that my so-called standards have dropped quite a bit, and, in recent years, I have actually sought out some of the more famous spots. My touristy shots still aren't my favorite images, but I have to admit that the view of the Tetons was spectacular from this location. In fact, my favorite photograph from this day doesn't include the barn at all. Hmm, somehow younger me overlooked that possibility... The crowds weren't as bad as I feared either, and now I have a series of images of the barn I can enjoy in the privacy of my own home. No one ever need know I did the tourist thing.