Saturday, September 9, 2023

BNLS SKNLS CHKN BRST


All artists tend to obsess about the appearance of their images, but sometimes it seems like photographers take things to an entirely new level. Presets, filters, skins, all applied to your images in an effort to give one's photographs that certain je ne sais quoi. A unique appearance, a signature style. The problem is many folks end up liking the same looks, compounding the problem of uniqueness... It's all a bit like drenching a boneless, skinless chicken breast with the same brand of sauce. 

Well, anyway I was smothering one of my own images with a 'film simulation' recipe. And to be honest, it doesn't really look very much like any film I ever shot. Yet it does kind of sort of look like one of the darkroom papers I used to use, provided I squint a little bit. Better stated, it looks like what I remember my darkroom prints looking like. 

Which is all fine by me. I'll happily eat the sauce and leave the dried up chicken on the plate. Yes sir.